Does the thought of potty training make you think, OH CRAP!
Potty Training Consultations
Would you be surprised if I told you that most children are READY and ABLE to potty train between 20-30 months old (and often, even earlier)!?
One of the biggest myths about potty training is that children need to be able to show clear signals that they are ready to potty train. Surprise- they may NEVER show these signals! They’ve been wearing a diaper their whole lives, and have never known anything different.
The foundation of this program follows the Oh Crap! Potty Training book by Jamie Glowacki. That means:
- This is a no-rewards program (i.e. they don’t get candy for pooping on the toilet).
- This is a program that takes anywhere from a few days to a few weeks (some kids will be totally potty trained in as little as 3 days, some kids need more time.)
If you are ready to ditch the diapers once and for all, then keep reading!
Why Work With Me?
As a certified potty training consultant, I am very conscious of the fact that each child potty trains differently… because every child is a unique person with their own personality.
While many parents successfully potty train without needing a professional’s help, working with me can help you feel confident you are being as efficient as possible, so that your child is potty trained quickly, but without causing you to feel overwhelmed or anxious throughout the process.
We´ll cover the following questions, and many more:
- How will I know if my child is ¨ready¨?
- How quickly can I ditch the diapers?
- My child is refusing the potty- now what?
- Do I HAVE To night/nap train at the same time?
- My child is afraid to poop- now what?
- Things were going great… but now all hell broke loose and it´s not working!
- What happens at daycare or with other caregivers?
- What if we started already, and it didn’t work?
- What if my child has special considerations?
- An initial 45-minute phone or Zoom consultation, including a step-by-step, written training guide that is personalized for your family
- two 15-minute follow-up calls or email exchanges (to be used within the first two months)
We´ll cover the following topics:
- The ideal time frame to potty train, and why
- 4 super common misconceptions, and why they are wrong
- The exact steps you´ll need to ditch the diapers
- Common problem areas and how to avoid them
Upcoming classes will be posted here as they are scheduled.
Want to host a class for your mom group, daycare, or other private group? Follow the link below to schedule a time to discuss options.